Email is a professional and effective way to communicate between two stakeholders. Recent studies reveal that around about 4.6 billion users used email in 2025. In the same way, the website owner uses their subscriber list to send emails to them to build a strong relationship between them. Send email is hectic and complex but this task can be done with the help of WordPress email subscription plugins.
WordPress email subscription plugins make blogger life easy through the facilitation of sending emails to thousands of subscribers without any manual interventions. 60% of email holders like to receive marketing newsletters through email. They don’t like to receive marketing newsletters on other channels except for email. WordPress email subscription plugins add more functionalities to blogger websites and establish a connection between the user and the website in the shape of an opt-in form.
In addition to that, opt-in forms are filled by the user to agree to receive the valuable content through email. The user likes to receive and be intimate with all notifications about new content in a single place. in this regard, WordPress email subscription plugins play a vital role to reach out to their subscriber and deliver all their new content in their email. WordPress email subscription plugins are equipped with numerous features like welcoming new users who recently subscribe to their blogs or automatically sending an email to subscribers for the new content.
There are hundreds of email subscription plugins that are used in WordPress. But you can choose one of them which is the best WordPress email subscription plugin to achieve your target plan according to your requirements.
Here are the Top 10 WordPress email subscription plugins.
(Free/Paid version $129)
Icegram is the one-stop solution for email marketing. It is developed in a way to keep in mind the requirement of bloggers or website owners to achieve their goals. Icegram comes at the top of the list of WordPress email subscription plugins. Icegram helps the website owner to manage their subscriber list to keep them up to date with their latest post. It comes with multiple built-in features.
- Attractive subscription box to enter their email.
- Save time by automatically sending emails to notify you of a new blog post.
- Helps in lead generations.
- Create Unlimited emails and notifications.
- Numerous pre-built-in templates
- Customizable templates
- You can send unlimited emails to users without any restrictions.
- Welcome email sent to user automatically by showing your top post.
- The free version is not integrated with Amazon SES.
- Live tracking is not available in pro versions.
(Free/Paid version $59)
This plugin allows their user to subscribe to newsletters easily. Mailchimp for WordPress helps to create forms with drag-and-drop options. Meanwhile, it integrates easily with other WordPress email subscription plugins for importing subscriber data. This plugin also has the capability to integrate with third-party software like woocommerce, ninja form 3, and easy digital download. Their dashboard gives insights abou the growing list of subscriber emails. MailChimp synchronizes and keeps up to date as WordPress is updated from time to time. Furthermore, this plugin comes with the following features.
- Easily intermingle with the other WordPress plugins.
- Customizable signup forms
- Using AJAX language
- Notify the admin about the new subscriber.
- Stylish builder with customizable designs for forms
- Dashboard in widgets
- AJAX helps not to reload the entire page when the form is submitted.
- Quick view of subscriber count in form of the dashboard in the widget.
- A live count of email clicks is not provided.
- A/B test is not provided.
(Free/Paid version $39.00)
10,000 emails per month make this plugin the best WordPress email subscription plugin in the list. Furthermore, it also gives the facility for a welcome email in the free version which is cool. You can create multiple email campaigns in a month. Furthermore, this plugin has the ability to connect with your store without any coding. Popups are the best option to keep the compelling user to subscribe to the blog. It also comes with the feature of return on investment. It keeps track of a single email clicking and informs you if a user makes a purchase through your email. Sumo is loaded with numerous blasting features.
- A/B test facility is available.
- Track your revenue, which comes from the clicking of emails.
- Ability to share your content on social media as well.
- Free customers support for their users.
- You can share your content on social media also with this plugin.
- Unlimited subscribers are manageable through this plugin.
- Its paid version is very costly.
- Customer support takes too long to answer your query.
(Free/Paid version $09)
A well-structured and professional WordPress email subscription plugin for managing subscribers. It is developed in a way to fulfills all the requirements of a blogger about the subscriber. 14 days no question ask money back guarantee to increase the trust of the website owner on this plugin. 1 million active installations with a 4.5-star rating make it popular among the tech community. It gives a good-looking subscriber form as well as popups for the user who just want to leave the website. Signup forms are displayed in the blog post that gives a cool and professional layout effect for the user. Optimonster comes with the following features.
- Built-in popup templates in the library.
- A/B Testing is available.
- Ability to send Group emails to users.
- Unlimited campaigns for sending emails
- Customized design with drag and drop facility
- A/B tests help you to evaluate which design is best for grabbing the attention of the users.
- The campaign trigger detects the user’s behavior and launches the required popup to prevent the user from leaving the site.
- Layman confuses to use its multiple features.
- Not limited to managing subscriber
(Free/Paid version $90)
When there is a question of managing subscribers, lead generations, and sale count without leaving the WordPress dashboard, fluent CRM comes to the top list of WordPress email subscription plugins. You can monitor every user activity through this plugin on your WordPress dashboard. This plugin live tracks the user intent from email clicking to purchasing of product in a 360 degree. You can segment your users according to their needs and give them tags and categories. Furthermore, Fluent CRM is integrated with more than 30 other leading third-party plugins to increase your credibility.
- Dedicated dashboard with analytics.
- Single platform solution for email marketing.
- Subscriber segmentation.
- Free Integrated with popular WordPress plugins.
- A/B Test is available.
- Segmentation gives the ability to you can categorize your subscriber according to your planning and strategy.
- Fast and easy to load without affecting page load time.
- For automation with woocomerce, you have to pay.
- The user interface is not friendly.
(Free/Paid version $17)
Mailpoet help in creating emails from scratch or using built-in templates to grab the attention of users. WordPress email subscription plugins refer to the Mailpoet with 6 hundred thousand active installations as well as a 4.5-star rating. You can send 5 thousand emails in a month with the free version. Furthermore, you can use basic analytics to explore your strategy. Mailpoet helps you to create a popup or email from zero or you can use the pre-build template. It comes with 3 plans, starter, business, and agency. You can choose one of them according to your requirement. The following features are offered through Mailpoet.
- Unlimited email campaigns in a month.
- Advance analytics dashboard
- Segmentation of website subscribers.
- Remove unengaged and idle subscribers from the list.
- Remove idle and enter new subscribers to keep updating the list.
- Totally Free to manage one thousand subscribers.
- The plugin is complex for a non-tech person.
- Compatible with some themes.
(Free/Paid version $69.00)
The newsletter comes in the category of pure WordPress email subscription plugins. This plugin’s main purpose is to collect emails for the users and target them for upcoming goals. Its drag-and-drop composer helps even a non-tech person to create a beautiful design for the email or you can use the built-in templates. You can export custom reports using their advanced filters. This newsletter also helps you to develop your strategy according to the geolocation of users. Its pro version comes with two plans which are blogger and agency. This plugin is loaded with the following features.
- Fully supported SMTP
- Visual drag and drop composer.
- Unlimited emails and newsletters
- Three hundred thousand active installations with a 4.6-star rating
- Generate unlimited reports for planning and strategy.
- Premium content is shared with premium subscribers via this plugin.
- Not Mobile friendly
- Support takes too long to respond.
(Free/Paid version $49.50)
WPForms comes in the category of creating multiple forms in WordPress email subscription plugins. A website owner creates any form like a subscription form, feedback form, payment form, or contact information form in a minute without the help of any developer. Just use some drag-and-drop options to create a beautiful eye catchy form. The first priority of WPForms developers is to provide the best user interface to their users. It’s mobile and tablet responsive and integrates easily with other WordPress plugins. This plugin comes with numerous features which are discussed below.
- Online drag and drop form builder.
- Tons of pre-made templates download from the library.
- Spontaneous form notification
- Integrated with payment gateways
- Notify you about new subscribers or purchases.
- Dedicated forms landing page boost communication and leading generation.
- Takes time to know about all features
- No backup facility in the free version.
Also Read: Top 10 WordPress contest plugins for 2023
(Free/Paid version $39.50)
Refflepress adopts a different approach to grab the attention of the user. It collects the email of users, lead generation, and social media fans with the help of a subscription form in form of giveaways. When the user tries to get into the giveaway through email. The website owner gets the email list and uses it for further planning. That’s why this plugin is prominent in WordPress email subscription plugins.
- Grab the attention and email of users through eye-catchy giveaways.
- Integrate with Mailchimp and other plugins to manage email lists.
- Viral bulletin templates
- A strategic new way for lead generation.
- Live tracking and reporting give you an overview of campaigns.
- Not so much customizable
- Need an upgrade to avail of extra features.
(Free/Paid version $75)
The BuddyPress plugin is an open-source plugin with 5000 active installations on WordPress email subscription plugins. It keeps updated on regular basis. Its main purpose is to send emails to the group of subscribers on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. As the new topic is published, an automated email is sent to subscribers with a notification about a new post. This plugin comes with simple features.
- Weekly and monthly email-sending options.
- It’s spam protection. Not exceed with setting limit.
- It’s open source and anyone can contribute to this plugin.
- It’s totally free.
- Support is awesome.
- Not dealing with enough customization.
- Lack of advanced features.
WordPress email subscription plugins are a great source for planning their business strategy. Their main purpose is to attract more new users to their blogs as well as retain the old users for the long term through their engaging valuable content. Furthermore, these plugins also help you to achieve the goals and targets that you set to achieve in the coming years.
All the plugins are best according to requisite of website owners. You can choose any one of the plugins from the above list which suits your requirements. On the basis of experience and usage, we recommend you WPForms as a WordPress email subscription plugin for you. This plugin comes at the top of the list of WordPress email subscription plugin directories due to its extra and well-mannered features. Its smart features and plans enable any website owner to fulfill their needs. Five million active installations and 4.9-star ratings refer to the trust of website owners in this WordPress plugin.