Every website owner likes an extensive number of users or traffic visiting their website to stay there for a longer period of time. But what happens if the speed of a website is very slow? A study revealed that 57% of users leave the website if it does not load within 3 seconds. Website speed is a major concern in ranking factors and got the top priority attention from developers and website owners. Website speed is improved in multiple ways in which WordPress cache plugins are one of them.
Google prefers and like those websites that load fastly and give the best user experience and vice versa. In other words, the website improves the user experience and it wants to stay on the website for a longer period which helps to decrease the bounce rate. Furthermore, you can accomplish multiple tasks with WordPress cache plugins.
Multiple ways are adopted to decrease the load time of any website like image optimization, optimized code, CDN services, and last but not least WordPress cache plugins. With the help of these options, you can definitely improve your website speed on desktop as well as on mobile devices.
The cache is a technology that helps to load a website faster on a local device. The browser stores the necessary or basic resources of a website like HTML, and CSS on the local device. And in the future browser need to display the website it takes the resources from the local device except for the server and displays the website immediately. Which is a faster way to load the website.
Numerous WordPress cache plugins are available in the online market to assist the website owner but we discuss the best WordPress cache plugins for you.
Here are the top 10 WordPress cache plugins.
(Free/Paid version $10.00)
Lightspeed cache is a server-side technology that helps to load the site faster. The WordPress cache plugins refer towards light speed technology is better than Apache and Nginx. These plugins also help to decrease communication time between the browser and server, which is really helpful to load the site fastly. Lightspeed is compatible with woo-commerce, Yoast SEO, and BBpres. Furthermore, lightspeed works accurately to display the website interface with local files. In addition to that, this plugin comes with amazing features that make it popular among bloggers.
- Compatible with themes, plugins
- Optimized images
- Helps in Lazy load of Data
- Integration with Cloudflare
- Grab the local files fastly to display the website.
- It helps to increase the load speed and improve in page score.
- Only necessary resources are loaded to decrease the time period.
- Sometimes show an older version of the website even after updation.
- Limited to work with the light-speed servers.
(Free/Paid version $8.25)
W3 total cache is popular among tech people due to its 4.4-star rating and one million plus active installation. This plugin is a renowned plugin in the list of WordPress cache plugins. It helps a lot to improve search engine optimization. Page speed, user experience, and delay load time are prime factors in the SEO to rank anything on the internet. In this regard, the W3 total cache fulfills all the criteria for ranking. Furthermore, this plugin is best for websites as well as hosting companies. It just acts like a one-stop solution to cache problems. In addition to that, it comes with the following features.
- Beneficial for web developers, website owners, and hosting companies.
- Enhance the speed of the website to 10x.
- Good score at google page speed parameter.
- Compatible with CDN management.
- Minify unnecessary code to load.
- Improved user experience
- Decreasing the load time of the website helps to improve user experience.
- The free version is available to take the experience.
- Pages stopped updating due to cache.
- Support takes time to respond.
(Free/Paid version $49.00)
Wp optimize is another best plugins in the category of WordPress cache plugins. It has more than one million active installations with a 4.8-star rating. It is popular due to its multi-tasks functionalities like image compression, cleaning the databases, and catchy websites. You can explore yourself with the help of using the free version. Furthermore, if you dig deep then the premium version is available in 3 packages. You can choose any package according to your requirement. Wp optimize is capable to solve all the cache problems that are faced by the developer community. It comes with the following features.
- Premium support
- Geolocation for woo-commerce stores.
- Advanced logging and reporting system.
- Use lazy load algorithm.
- Compress images for optimization.
- The free version gives enough features to explore for a newbie person.
- Premium support is available to solve problems.
- Not compatible with some old themes.
- Premium support is not available in the free version.
(Free/Paid version $59.00)
Wp rocket is equally beneficial for bloggers as well as e-commerce stores that’s why it is included in the list of WordPress cache plugins. This plugin claim that provides solution from the hosting as well as the website developing side. This plugin is easy to install and integrate with multiple popular themes like Divi, Astra, Elementor, and Flatsome. Furthermore, this plugin has not any ambiguity in using it with other plugins like Wpforms, Seo press, Yoast SEO, and gravity. Wp rocket skyrocketing the page speed and getting a good page score on the google page insights. This WordPress plugin comes with these built-in features.
- Easy to install and use.
- Clean and nice dashboard to operate it.
- Compatible with leading themes, plugins, and software.
- Professional support.
- Use Lazy load technology
- Capability to Install on the server side.
- No question asked for a 14-day money-back guarantee.
- Recommended by industry-leading personalities.
- Improve website and page speed.
- overall improvement in SEO score.
- A little bit expensive for a newbie person.
- The free version is not available.
Wp super cache is an open-source plugin developed by Automattic with a 4.4-star rating and more than 2 million active installations. The reason to include it in the list of WordPress cache plugins is that it provides an abundance of features and solutions with a free version. You don’t need to pay extra or buy a pro version to use this plugin. It saves the static files of the website and saves them to a local device. This method also decreases stress on the server side. You can load the website much faster due to Wp super cache plugin. This plugin is really light in code and easy to use without any hassle. You can get a good benchmark for the score of website speed. Furthermore, it has prominent features that are discussed below.
- Opensource and free to use.
- Developed by Automattic.
- Support google page insights and mobile accelerator pages.
- Best for low-profile hosting companies.
- Improve website load time.
- It is updated regularly to prevent bugs.
- Sometimes not compatible with other plugins.
- Support takes too long to respond.
(Free/Paid version $49.99)
One more addition to the list of WordPress cache plugins is WP’s fastest cache plugin. This plugin comes with a 4.9-star rating and more than one million active installations on the websites. The website resources consume CPU and ram to load its resources which may cause a delay in loading the website or any particular page. Thousands of users are happy about this plugin functionality that’s why it is rated with a 4.9 star. You can use a desktop version of this plugin for desktop websites while the mobile cache version is also available for mobile devices. Furthermore, it keeps your website monitored in the matter of performance as well as loading time. Wp fastest cache is translated into more than 20 languages. The following features make it prominent among others.
- 4.9 star rating.
- Recommended by leading tech people
- Minify and combine CSS, JS
- Reporting cache statistics.
- Google font synchronization
- Lazy load technology
- Desktop and mobile versions cache
- Tremendous support
- Easy to use on a desktop as well as mobile devices.
- To enjoy all features, you have to buy a premium package.
- Sometimes give fatal errors.
Siteground optimizer is one plugin among the WordPress cache plugins that are developed by the hosting company itself for its users. They provide their hosting plans with a built-in cache plugin which is a Siteground optimizer. Furthermore, this plugin helps to boost the website 20 times faster than other plugins. It has optimized code and is lightweight. In view of that, Siteground also does not compromise the security of the plugin. It really expedites the process of receiving and transferring data between the browser and the server. The following features are included in the cache plugin.
- Minify all the unnecessary code in the theme.
- Fast TTFB from the server side.
- Integrated with Webp images for optimization.
- Lazy load on scrolling.
- Compatible with the latest WordPress version.
- Super cache environment supported
- Regularly updates to avoid bugs and boost the speed of the website.
- Excellent support response.
- Limited features for other hosting platforms except for Siteground.
- Sometimes, not compatible with other plugins.
Also Read: Top 10 WordPress SEO plugins for 2023
(Free/Paid version $7.50)
Speed optimization is a big issue in ranking factors. Slow websites don’t take part in the ranking of Google. Meanwhile, from the WordPress cache plugins, the Hummingbird is developed in a way to press the text, and images as well as HTML, CSS, and JS languages. It helps to run only the necessary queries and requests from the browser and server side. You can get the best results in google page speed. Furthermore, this plugin regularly scans the website and fixes the problem which causes the slowing of the website. Hummingbird also comes with the bonus plugin smush image optimization. It is loaded with numerous features.
- Bonus Smush image optimization.
- Built-in integration with Cloud flare.
- Regularly scanning of website.
- Text compression
- You can get the two plugins for the price of one.
- Regularly scanning keeps you updated about the status of website performance.
- Sometimes compatibility issues.
- Supports take time to respond.
The hyper cache is a simple WordPress cache plugin. This plugin claims that the speed of the website matters in everything like conversions and low bounce rate. There is no need to make complexity in the plugin with heavy lines of code. This plugin’s main purpose is to fast the speed of WordPress bloggers. Furthermore, it adopted the technology of PHP to run on all the servers without any issues. You can use it for both desktops as well as mobile versions. CDN support is given in this plugin. Furthermore, it’s easy to install and operate.
- CDN support
- Lightweight and fast
- Support HTTPS pages and websites
- Easy to use and operate
- Helps to boost or improve website speed and performance.
- Plugins for small bloggers to test the features.
- The free version is available.
- Limited features are available.
- Need to be updated regularly.
Breeze is another free WordPress cache plugin. It’s very simple and easy to install and gives a shot at the best user experience. In addition to that, the Breeze is equally beneficial for both E-commerce and blogging websites. The plugin is equipped with two hundred thousand active installations on the websites with a 4.0-star rating. Cloudways developed this plugin for users who can’t afford the premium one. Its basic purpose is to increase the website speed.
- Very convenient to use.
- Optimized resources to load the website fastly.
- Plug and play plugin.
- Helps in fast website loading.
- Updated regularly to avoid bugs.
- Not optimized for mobile devices.
- Support takes time to respond.
Conclusively, it pertains that the above-mentioned WordPress cache plugins are best for every type of website. You can choose any of them according to your requirement and website need. In addition to that, according to our research, usage, and expertise, we recommended that hummingbird is the most favorite plugin among the above WordPress cache plugins due to its low prices, features, and functionalities.